Hair loss or baldness is not only affecting our appearance but also affects our emotions. When you lose your hair every day, you may enter depression, and also it makes you feel stressed and which leads to more hair loss. If you already felt that way and underwent a hair transplant surgery, you should be a careful post-operative procedure.
Hair transplant surgeries usually result in positive results and offer you a long-term solution for your hair loss. However, the results depend on how do you take care care of your transplanted hair after surgery. There are some important points you need to be careful of.
- You should always keep the transplanted area moist. But you must be sure that the area shouldn’t get too wet or too dry.
- You need to keep swelling to a minimum. So you may sleep at a 45-degree angle, especially the first three days after the hair transplant surgery.
- You should limit your exercise, and even you should avoid it because you sweat as a result of heavy exercises, and the newly transplanted hair may fall out as a result of sweating of your scalp.
- You may apply ice in the first 12 hours after surgery. It makes you feel good and help you to keep swelling at a minimum.
- You can do a massage on your scalp gently.
- You should avoid washing your hair after surgery till the time will be given by your doctor.
The bottom line is taking care of your hair after surgery affects your results directly. You should keep following instructions that had been given by your surgeon about the aftercare of hair transplant. If you want to learn about hair loss or hair transplant surgeries, you can find beneficial information on our website.