Alopecia, thinning hair or hair loss can be a serious problem for us particularly at the young ages. When we get older, it’s natural to see our hairline begin to shrink. These types of problems can affect our self-confidence and also can lead to anxiety. Before the alopecia and hair loss leads to the bigger problem we can treat them.
We can collect the treatments in two main headlines. One is natural remedies that use the medicine, message, clinical treatments, and so on. The second is surgical treatments such as FUE, FUT, and DHI.
When we look at natural remedies we can say that these methods will not bring back your lost hair, but will help you protect your existing hair and slow the loss of additional hair. Natural remedies include:
- Folic acid helps your cells make DNA, reduces inflammation, and prevents anemia.
- Peppermint oil may help to increase blood circulation to your scalp and reduce hair loss.
- Biotin is a B vitamin that your body uses to convert food into energy.
- Scalp massage may increase blood flow to your scalp and resulting in hair regrowth.
- Quitting smoking may be able to slow or stop your hair loss. Because toxins in cigarette smoke have been shown to harm hair follicles and speed up hair loss.
Also, there are some clinic treatments. If natural remedies don’t help your problems you can try clinic treatments.
- Minoxidil may be able to stop your hair loss, but it can’t help to regrow hair at your hairline. Although minoxidil is originally a hypertension drug, it can stop your hair loss.
- Finasteride and Dutasteride are oral tablet medications used to restore hair loss and stop baldness by increasing testosterone. But there is an important side effect of dutasteride include sexual dysfunction.
- Using low-level doses of laser treatments can stimulate circulation and encourage hair growth.
If you can’t get any good results from natural remedies and clinic treatments, you can consider hair transplant surgeries. Hair transplant surgeries will give you long-lasting and permanent results. Hair transplant surgery is done with the same logic but every method uses different techniques and tools. Basically, surgeons extract your hair follicles from the donor area where usually the back of your head, and implant each hair follicle in the recipient area.
All in all, you can try one of the hair restoration techniques we mentioned above. Don’t forget that hair loss or baldness are not your destiny. These are just problems that have solutions.